butterbeer and golden snitch cupcakes
2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butterscotch schnapps
1/2 cup cream soda (I used A&W)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cupcake pans with paper liners.
2. In one bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Careful whisk them together.
3. In another medium-sized bowl, combine both sugars, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Mix until just combined.
4. Add half the dry ingredients, half the butterscotch schnapps, and half the cream soda. Mix well.
5. Add the second half of the dry ingredients, butterscotch schnapps, and cream soda. Mix until incorporated.
6. Transfer cake batter to cupcake pans, filling each liner about 2/3 full.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick into the center of a cupcake and it comes out clean.
8. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
butterscotch schnapps frosting
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 tbsp butterscotch schnapps
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Yellow sugar sprinkles (optional)
1. Cream butter on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
2. Add the butterscotch schnapps and vanilla extract. Mix well.e
3. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time, starting on the lowest setting until the powdered sugar is mostly combined. Bump up the speed to medium-high. Mix well and scrape the sides of the bowl after each addition. Mix for two more minutes.
4. If the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Or if the frosting is too thick, add one tablespoon of schnapps at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
5. Transfer frosting to a piping bag fitted with a round open tip. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
6. Sprinkle with yellow sugar sprinkles.
white chocolate wings
1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
1 squeeze bottle, or Ziploc bag
Clear sugar sprinkles, optional
Parchment paper or wax paper
Stencils of wings (here & here)
1. Measure one cup of white chocolate chips and melt them according to the directions on the back of the package. Make sure you use a microwave safe bowl to melt the chocolate.
2. Let the chocolate cool for a minute. While it’s cooling, lay the stencils on a flat surface and place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper over them. You should be able to clearly see the stencils underneath.
3. Transfer white chocolate to a squeeze bottle or a Ziploc bag and snip off a tiny piece of one of the corners.
4. Trace the wings and immediately sprinkle them with the clear sugar sprinkles. If you wait until you’ve traced all the wings, the chocolate will probably be too hard and the sprinkles won’t stick.
5. Transfer the chocolate wings to the refrigerator or freezer for about 10 minutes. They should be solid enough to pick up.
6. Add the wings to the snitch cupcakes and enjoy!